Below is a list of Task 1 Research Presentation groups. Each group needs to find/secure a project to analyse and readings to summarise that are not being covered by any other group in the course this year. Email your tutor to log your interest and secure particular works.
- Kris, Lenny | analysis: ? | reading : ?
- Amy, Simon | analysis: The Avengers | reading: ?
- Daniel, Syafiq, Reuben | analysis: Halo 4 | reading 1: Edwards, L.H 2012, ‘Transmedia Storytelling, Corporate Synergy, and Audience Expression’ | reading 2: Gutierrez, P 2012, ‘Every platform tells a story: transmedia has the power to make any topic more vivid and personal’ | reading 3: Grace, K and Troisi, A 2012. “Building Transmedia Worlds in Halo 4”
- Julia, Benita | analysis: Scooby-Doo | reading: ?
- Jess M, Roja, Ben | analysis: Pokemon | reading : Edwards (2012) “Transmedia Storytelling, Corporate Synergy, and Audience Expression” ‘The transmedia design challenge: technology that is pleasurable and satisfying’ by Donald A. Norman. ‘Transmedia Storytelling, Corporate Synergy, and Audience Expression’ by Leigh H. Edwards.
- Ezra, Joyce | analysis: Barbie | reading: 1) Transmedia Muppets: The Possibilities of Performer Narratives” – Aaron Calbreath-Frasieur”
- Michael, Lauren | analysis: Harry Potter | reading: 1) What is transmedia? Projects and thoughts beyond the buzzword.- Mariana Ciancia 2)
Narrative Convergence, Cross-Sited Productions and the Archival Dilemma – Mark Ruppel
- Lauren, Ellyse | analysis: ‘Miranda Sings’ | reading: ?
- Gretta, Stef, Sam | analysis: Bag of Bones | reading: 1) CARLOS ALBERTO SCOLARI “Transmedia Storytelling: Implicit Consumers, Narrative Worlds, and Branding in Contemporary Media Production ” 2) M Martens – 2011″Transmedia teens: affect, immaterial labor and user-generated content” 3) Chapter 36 (Gossip Girl: Transmedia Technologies) of Jason Mittell and Ethan Thompson’s ‘How to Watch Television’Marianne Martens
- Melissa, Tam, Nina | analysis: Pretty Little Liars | reading: Hank Blumenthal and Yan Xu “The Ghost Club Storyscape: Designing for Transmedia Storytelling”
- Ka Mun, Angeline, Kateryna | analysis: Jennifer Lawrence | reading: 1) “Transmedia Storytelling: Imagery, Shapes and Rechniques, Chapter Three: Imagining Transmedia” Max Giovognoli (2011)
- Hayden, Michael, Zac | analysis: Halo | reading:
1) “Entertainment Architecture; Constructing a Framework for the Creation of an Emerging Transmedia Form. by Albert (Woitek) Konzal (chapter 2.3 Internet & Storytelling pg.51-69) 2) Transmedia Television New Trends in Network Serial Production M.J. Clarke2012 (Section 3 tentpoleTV: The video game)
- Andy, Adam, Gianna | analysis: ? | reading: ?
- Zoe, Sarah, Cassandra | analysis: Big Brother Australia | reading: 1) Transmedia Television: Audiences, New Media, and Daily Life” by Elizabeth Evans. 2) Transmedia Storytelling: Implicit Consumers, Narrative Worlds, and Branding in Contemporary Media Production 3) The Triumph of Reality TV: the revolution in American Television. By Leigh H. Edwards.
- Yu Jing, Steven, Stevey | analysis: Star Wars | reading: Henry Jenkins’ “Seven Myths About Transmedia Storytelling Debunked”
- Neha, Robert, Moses | analysis: Marvel | reading?
- Anna, Georgie, Jordan | analysis: ? | reading: Elizabeth Evan, “Transmedia Television: Audiences, New Media, and Daily Life”
- Michael, Jonathan | analysis: Batman | reading: ?
- Angela, Alice, Candy | analysis: A.I: Artificial Intelligence | reading: ?
- Simon, Maria | analysis: Sherlock | reading: ?
- Bella, Tim | analysis: True Blood | reading?
- Connor, Evan | analysis: Godzilla | reading?
- Alex, Jasmine | analysis: Game of Thrones | reading 1: Dowd, Tom, Michael Fry, Michael Niederman, Josef Steiff (2013). ‘Storytelling Across Worlds: Transmedia for Creatives and Producers’ | reading 2: Klastrup, L & Tosca, S 2004, ‘Transmedial Worlds – Rethinking Cyberworld Design’.
- Christine, Tiffany T. | analysis: Pokemon | reading 1: Jenkins, H 2010, ‘Transmedia Storytelling and Entertainment: An annotated syllabus’ | reading 2: Bolin, G 2010, ‘Digitization, Multiplatform Texts, And Audience Reception’, Popular Communication’
- Tiffany W., Brendan | analysis: Firefly | reading: ?